We aren’t changing what we do, we’re changing how we do it. This announcement reflects that banking is changing and the way our customers want to bank with us is changing.
We are committed to supporting impacted customers through this transition:
- We will be writing to impacted customers 12 weeks before the branch closures in mid –November helping them to understand these changes. We’ll let them know what alternative channels they can use to bank if they aren’t already.
- We understand that the closure of this branch will impact all of our customers, especially those in a vulnerable position. We have a dedicated vulnerability specialist in each branch to provide additional support and answer any queries you may have.
- A printed brochure will be available in-branch (and in PDF format below) explaining our reasons for each branch closure and providing further guidance. We can also provide brochures and notification letters in Braille and Large Print.
- In each branch we have a digital specialist who can help customers set up and use our Mobile App, Online, or Phoneline Banking. These online services mean you can manage your money and make payments wherever you are.
- Our successful partnership with the Post Office® means both personal and business customers can carry out their everyday banking transactions in their 500+ locations in Northern Ireland. (98% of the Northern Ireland population lives within 3 miles of a Post Office®).
- Our in-branch staff can help explain the changes or customers can phone our dedicated helpline 0345 646 0431. We’re available from 09:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays.
- We will also be offering dedicated in-branch customer support sessions, providing one-to-one guidance on how to use the digital banking services.
- Customers registered for Online, Mobile or Phoneline Banking will be able to talk to a direct customer contact centre agent 09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Sunday excluding bank holidays on 0345 793 0000.