The travel provider I booked my holiday with now appears to have gone out of business, can I get my money back for this? 


The first thing you need to do here is check the paperwork for your booking and see if your holiday was covered by a bonding authority/insurance scheme. This is important because if it was, we cannot dispute it until you have first contacted the bonding authority. In most cases they will then refund you. However, if they are not refunding you they will usually send you a letter, which you should send to us as soon as you get it. 

If you do not hear back from the bonding authority after 60 days you should contact us with the following information: proof that you have contacted them; proof the travel provider is no longer in business; and a copy of your invoice/booking confirmation. This can be emailed to

If the holiday was not covered by a bonding authority/insurance scheme then please send us a copy of your booking confirmation/invoice, proof that the travel provider is no longer in business and proof that you have tried to resolve this with their liquidator.

Back to Disputing a transaction on your card FAQs