Why switch your Personal Current Account to us?
We believe our customers are at the heart of our business. Every day our friendly, experienced staff build on their wealth of local knowledge by listening to your financial requirements.
When it comes to our customers we know 'one size never fits all' - we take a flexible approach knowing that your personal financial needs can and will change over time.
As a customer:
Thinking of Switching?
Our staff will help you through the switching process. They will give you your new current account details and any information you need about us. Switching to us is free, there are no charges for setting up direct debits, standing orders and bill payments. All you have to do is follow these 3 easy steps to move to your new personal current account.
Get in touch - Call into a branch, phone us on 0345 6005 925 (lines are open Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:00). You have a number of switching options.
We need to see proof of your identity and address. Usually, we need your passport or driving licence and a gas, electricity or water bill. If you are not sure what proof we accept phone us on 0345 6005 925.
Sign the relevant application forms and we will do the rest.
Our commitment to you
We'll open your new current account, set you up on Online and Phoneline Banking and send you details of your current account. Next, we'll contact your old bank to move your standing orders, direct debits and bill payments to your new account by the agreed switch date. Finally, once your switch is complete, we'll confirm this with you.
Current Account Switch Guarantee
We have designed the Current Account Switch Service to let you switch your current account from one bank or building society to another in a simple, reliable and stress-free way. It will only take seven working days. As your new current-account provider we offer the following guarantee.
- The service is free to use and you can choose and agree your switch date with us.
- We will take care of moving all your payments going out (for example, your Direct Debits and standing orders) and those coming in (for example, your salary).
- If you have money in your old account, we will transfer it to your new account on your switch date.
- We will arrange for payments accidentally made to your old account to be automatically redirected to your new account. We will also contact the sender and give them your new account details.
- If there are any issues in making the switch, we will contact you before your switch date.
- If anything goes wrong with the switch, as soon as we are told, we will refund any interest (paid or lost) and charges made on either your old or new current accounts as a result of this failure.
A list of frequently asked questions can be found on the Current Account Switch Service website at currentaccountswitch.co.uk/help-support
If your existing bank* is not a participant of the Current Account Switch Service, then you have the option to Switch Manually with no cost by giving us your Old / New Account details so we can contact your existing bank*
(Note - The Current Account Switch Service Guarantee does not apply to the manual process. If you’re not sure whether your current bank or building society participates in the Current Account Switch Service. Ask us when you start your switch)
How to make a complaint
If you are unhappy with any aspect of this service, please visit aibni.co.uk/help-and-guidance/customer-complaints-homepage
* includes building societies or any payment service provider
Talk to Us
Simply call 0345 6005 925 or drop in to any AIB branch. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Lines open: Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:00 (except on bank holidays). Calls may be recorded. Call charges may vary - refer to your service provider.