YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE
We will help you every step of the way.
If you’re thinking of moving your home mortgage from your current provider, we’d be delighted to talk to you!
We understand the idea of moving mortgage provider may seem a little daunting (the paper work, the time it might take to sort it all out…) but we have a dedicated Switching team to help you through it.
Features and benefits
Why choose AIB (NI) when moving your mortgage?
- £500 Cashback for 5 year fixed Green mortgages over £100,000**
- No application fee
- No booking fee
- Free legal fees using a bank nominated solicitor*
- Free Valuation fee using a bank nominated valuer
- Repayment terms up to 35 years
- Loan offer valid for 6 months
How it works
- You will need to be over 18 to obtain a mortgage. Your home is security for your mortgage. Other security may be required
- What you can borrow will depend on what you can comfortably afford to repay monthly, this may vary depending on individual circumstances
- If you take a mortgage with a fixed rate of at least one year and decide to repay whole, or part early, if you convert to a variable interest rate, or, if you change to another fixed interest rate you may incur an early repayment charge
- You will require home insurance
- Keep in mind, you will also need money for Stamp Duty Land Tax and maybe a surveyor
Our mortgage repayment calculator is a helpful tool which will tell you what a mortgage payment is likely to be based on your selected mortgage amount, term and interest rate. This calculator is for illustrative purposes only and is not a mortgage offer. The payments are calculated on a monthly basis and based on a capital and interest repayment mortgage. Interest rates are subject to change.
To view our mortgage rates, click here.
This calculator is for illustrative purposes only and is not a mortgage offer or a commitment to lend
Talk to us
Call us on 0345 600 5925 or drop in to any AIB branch and speak with a mortgage adviser today. They’ll explain exactly what’s involved, and answer any of your questions.
Alternatively, fill in our Mortgage Callback Request form and one of our mortgage advisers will call you to explain your options.
AIB (NI) reserves the right to withdraw or amend products at any time. Loans are granted subject to an appraisal of the applicant's financial standing. Applicants must be 18yrs or over. For properties based in Northern Ireland, the minimum mortgage amount is £25,000.
For properties based in England, Scotland or Wales, the minimum mortgage amount is £150,000 and applications will be accepted from PAYE employees only. Lending criteria, terms and conditions apply. An independent valuation will be required. Your mortgage will be secured against the mortgaged property. Primary residence only.
*The Bank will appoint a solicitor to act on its behalf only for the remortgage and will pay the standard solicitor fees, VAT and the cost of standard disbursements directly relating to the remortgage.
Depending on your circumstances other legal fees may apply which you will have to pay for, for example first registration of land or change of names on the mortgage (please note this is not exhaustive).
If you seek additional independent legal advice as part of your remortgage you must arrange to pay for those services yourself.
**Applies to new lending only - cashback is payable within one month of draw down, subject to the loan not being redeemed during that time. Cashback applies as follows: 5 Year fixed Green mortgage - £500. Some exclusions apply: Further Advances and loans less than £65,000.