Which Cards can I use with Google Pay?
- AIB Personal Credit Cards
- AIB Debit Cards
Visa Business Credit Cards are not currently supported.
How do I add my card to Google Pay?
1. Open the Google Pay app and tap the ‘+’ icon.
2. Line up your Card within the frame on the screen to capture your card details automatically or enter these details manually.
Note: Any card(s) previously registered in the Google Play Store will be automatically displayed.
3. Confirm your details, your CVC and your address.
Your CVC is the 3 digit code on/beside the signature panel on the back of your card.
4. Read, and if you are happy to do so, Accept the Terms and Conditions.
5. Verify your card by following the on-screen instructions.
i. If your mobile number is registered with us you will be prompted to verify using a One-Time Passcode sent by text message.
ii. If your mobile number is NOT registered with us you will be prompted to verify by calling our Customer Support team.
6. Complete, you’re now ready to use Google Pay.
How do I use Google Pay?
For transactions under £45, simply wake your phone by lighting it up. For added security, you will occasionally be required to also unlock your device.
For transactions over £45*, unlock your device and hold the back of it to the Contactless payment terminal until you see a checkmark. Your phone will beep and/or vibrate to confirm that the payment has been made.
* Google Pay transactions above £45 may not be supported by some merchant terminals
Just select the Buy with Google Pay button at checkout within participating apps.
Where can I use Google Pay?
You can use Google Pay wherever Contactless payments are accepted; just look for the Contactless or Google Pay symbol.
You can pay in any app where you see the Buy with Google Pay button.
Google Pay works with all our cards excluding Visa Corporate and Business Credit cards.
Google Pay works with compatible Android devices that are NFC capable. The App is available from Google Play Store. Card activation requires mobile data or Wi-Fi connection. Mobile data or Wi-Fi connection is also required periodically to replenish security settings or after a device restart. Android, Google Pay and the Google Logo are trademarks of Google LLC.