Don't get locked out
Regulation has changed how we bank online. These changes help fight fraud and make your online transactions more secure. There is an extra layer of security if you use Online Banking. This is known as Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) and was introduced on 14 March 2020.
What’s happening in 2020/2021?
Over the coming months, to keep your Credit and Debit cards safe and secure, we’re going add an additional layer of security to how you use your cards when shopping online. This is the next phase of SCA. We will write to you about these changes to explain more.
Do I need to do anything to prepare?
Please make sure we have the correct mobile number for you.
This means we can quickly and easily make sure it’s you using your cards or accessing your accounts online.
If you’re not yet set up for SCA and use a Credit or Debit card to make purchases online OR you currently access your Online Banking with a Card Reader you’ll need to make sure we have your correct mobile number.
You can update your mobile number by:
- logging into your Online Banking, clicking on ‘Services & Settings’ and selecting ‘My Details’
- simply call our Customer Services team on 0345 793 0000 (Mon-Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm excluding Bank Holidays)
- calling into your nearest branch with your ID
If you already use SCA to access your Online Banking accounts via our Mobile app you don’t need to do anything for the moment.
You can set up SCA for Online Banking services by:
AIB (NI) Mobile App (use this for login to both Mobile and Online Banking)
You can use the latest version of our AIB (NI) Mobile Banking App to login, regardless of whether you want to log in via the Mobile App or via Online Banking. If you’re logging into Online Banking on a PC, you’ll need to have your mobile phone with you to logon every time.
- Download the latest version of our AIB (NI) Mobile App.
- Start log in to either Mobile Banking or Online Banking.
- Follow the on screen instructions