AIB (NI) is a trademark of AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. (a wholly owned subsidiary of Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c.), incorporated in Northern Ireland. We have a growing presence in Social Media and these Terms apply to your use of all AIB (NI) Social Media Channels. We may change these Terms from time to time so be sure to check for changes each time you visit a AIB (NI) Social Media Channel.
AIB (NI) Social Media Channels are provided for residents of Northern Ireland and are designed for use in Northern Ireland unless clearly and expressly stated otherwise.
AIB (NI) and Social Media Networks
The terms and conditions and policies published by social media networks apply to your use of our Social Media Channels and it is important that you comply with such terms and conditions as well as these Terms when using our Social Media Channels and participating in our social networks and communities.
AIB (NI)'s presence on social media networks does not mean that we are endorsing any third party's products or services. Without limitation, no endorsement or approval of any third parties or their advice, opinions, information, content, products or services is expressed or implied by the display of information or advertisements by social media networks alongside our pages and we have no control over the content of third party advertisements.
If you cannot access a social media network, it is up to the network to fix the problem and we are not legally responsible for any inconvenience or loss resulting.
AIB (NI)'s Social Media Channels are public and anyone can see any posts and comments that you may make. These may also appear in search engine results.
Protect your privacy and confidential information. Under no circumstances should you provide any bank account details or other sensitive personal or financial information nor should you include anyone else's identification or sensitive personal or financial information in any content you post on our Social Media Channels.
- AIB (NI) does not discriminate against any views. Nevertheless, we will monitor any user-generated content as we choose and reserve the right to remove content for any reason without consent. We do not verify the identity of commenters.
- Should you wish a post to be removed please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0345 6005 925† requesting the Social Media team in Belfast to remove your post.
AIB (NI) Content
We do not offer or provide financial, investment, legal, tax or other specialist advice through our Social Media Channels. You are solely responsible for evaluating the relevance, accuracy and completeness of all information on our Social Media Channels.
Information on our Social Media Channels may be updated or altered at any time without notification and may at times be out of date.
We may provide links or references to other websites for the convenience of users. However, we claim no responsibility for the content of such other websites and shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from that content.
We are happy for you to share content that we post to our Social Media Channels provided that you do not commercially exploit the content, alter or modify it in any way and that you cite the source. The intellectual property rights and all other rights relating to content (including without limitation, information, graphics, software, text, sounds, images, trade marks, service marks, trade names and logos) posted by us on our Social Media Channels belong to us save for the intellectual property rights and all other rights relating to
- content which is supplied under licence to us and which belongs to the relevant licensors, and
- any content in relation to which such rights vest in the social media networks.
Content on our Social Media Channels is the copyright of Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. unless otherwise stated and all of our rights are reserved.
You are prohibited from trying to gain access to administrator areas, features or functions of our Social Media Channels without authorisation.
There are some occasions where we might change or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, all or part of our Social Media Channels usually for the reason that we are constantly working to improve our online communities and make them as beneficial as possible. We reserve the right to do so without notice and without liability to you.
You are fully responsible for the content that you post on our Social Media Channels. You must keep all comments relevant.
If you have an idea you wish to share or if you would like to provide feedback, please feel free to do so but please note before you do that we reserve the right to use all ideas and feedback without any obligation to compensate you. By posting comments on our Social Media Channels you agree to allow the content to be re-used or quoted by us without further notification to you.
We do not claim ownership of content (including without limitation, information, graphics, software, text, sounds, images, trade marks, service marks, trade names and logos) you submit or make available on our Social Media Channels however you grant us a perpetual, royalty free and irrevocable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, transmit, publicly display, sublicense and to transfer and sell such content in any format whatsoever and to use the identifying information you provide in connection with the content.
You agree not to upload, post, mail, transmit or otherwise make available any content or material (including any links thereto) which:-
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory/libellous/ slanderous, vulgar, obscene, false or inaccurate, an invasion of another's privacy, or which is otherwise objectionable;
- harms or exploits minors in any way;
- impersonates any person or entity, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity;
- constitutes unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation;
- amends, alters or defaces any content on AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. Social Media Channels;
- infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; You agree that you shall not delete or alter any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels or falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in any file that is uploaded;
- contains software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt or damage another's computer;
- violates the legal rights of others or violates any applicable national or international law; or
- you do not have the right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary or confidential information learned or disclosed as a part of employment relationships or under obligations of confidentiality).
You shall not use any AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. Social Media Channel to stalk or otherwise harass another or to collect or store data about other users.
AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. reserves the right to block any users that do not adhere to these Terms.
Notwithstanding the above restrictions on content acceptable to AIB Group (UK) p.l.c., you understand that you may still be exposed to content that you consider offensive or objectionable and that you use AIB (NI) Social Media Channels at your own risk. AIB (NI) is not liable for any content provided by users of AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. Social Media Channels.
You are solely responsible for creating backup copies of and replacing any content that you post on any AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. Social Media Channels at your sole cost and expense.
AIB Group (UK) p.l.c.'s Moderation Policy
Although AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. has no obligation to screen, edit or monitor any of the content posted on any AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. Social Media Channels, AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. reserves the right, and has absolute discretion, to pre-screen, review, flag, filter, modify, edit, refuse or remove without notice any content posted on any AIB (NI) Social Media Channel.
Promotions on AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. Social Media Channels
"Free Prize Draws and Competitions:" AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. may run free prize draws and competitions or other promotions of a similar nature from time to time ("Promotions") on AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. Social Media Channels. Such Promotions will in no way be sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the social media networks unless clearly and expressly stated to the contrary. The terms of entry, eligibility requirements, prizes, entry dates and relevant instructions specified by AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. shall apply as relevant to each Promotion. The following general terms and conditions will always apply:-
- Promotions are only available to residents of Northern Ireland aged 18 years and over.
- AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. staff, their immediate families and their agents and any other person connected with a Promotion are not entitled to participate.
- AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All prizes are subject to availability and confirmation and are non-transferable.
- AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. shall not accept responsibility for defective goods or services won as prizes and any complaints must be referred to the relevant supplier.
- AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. reserves the right to amend, withdraw or terminate any Promotion or alter the specification of a Promotion without prior notice.
- To enter a Promotion without using Social Media Channels send your name, address and telephone number to Social Media Promotions, Social Media Team, AIB (NI), PO Box 123, 92 Ann Street, Belfast, BT1 3AY.
- We will write to the winners within 30 days of any draw taking place. The winners must confirm they accept the prize within 14 days of the date of the letter or if the winners do not respond within the period given, we will draw a different winner.
- If you win a prize, we expect you to take part in any publicity we arrange. We may publish prize winners' names or make them available if we are asked. You should collect your prize at your local AIB branch.
- By taking part in any promotion, you accept these terms and conditions.
AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. will not be liable to any person for any financial loss arising out of the refusal, cancellation or withdrawal of a Promotion or, for example, any failure or inability of any person to use, for example, a promotional code for any reason.
Discounts and Offers: All discounts and offers provided by third party suppliers on Social Media Channels are subject to both the terms and conditions specified by AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. and to all instructions, rules and terms and conditions specified by relevant suppliers on their websites or elsewhere.
AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information relating to such discounts and offers is accurate and not misleading but we do not make any warranties or give any undertakings or representations as to completeness, accuracy, reliability, availability and performance in relation to third party discounts and offers. We neither accept nor assume any responsibility to you in relation to such discounts and offers.
Access to each AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. Social Media Channel is at your own risk and AIB Group (UK) p.l.c.:-
- does not represent or warrant the accuracy of any statement or product or service claims made
- is not responsible for any user content, and
- does not endorse any view and opinions expressed on AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. Social Media Channels.
We neither accept nor assume any responsibility and shall have no liability to you in relation to your use of AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. Social Media Channels. We exclude all warranties, undertakings and representations (either expressed or implied) to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law.
Your responsibility to us:
You agree to reimburse us for any reasonable costs arising from loss, damage or expense suffered or incurred by us due to any infringement by you of our terms and conditions including these Social Media Terms and/or the terms and conditions of any social media network provider.
These AIB (NI) Social Media Terms are governed and constructed in accordance with the laws of Northern Ireland. If any claim or dispute arises between you and us, you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Northern Ireland.
Please note that references to "we", "us" or ' AIB (NI) ' means AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. and our subsidiaries and associates.
Please note that references to "Social Media Channels" means Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
† Lines open: 9am to 5pm Monday - Friday (except on bank holidays). Calls may be recorded. Call charges may vary - refer to your service provider.