- Click on 'Tools' at the top of the browser window. For Internet Explorer 9, 10 & 11 the tools option is a small circular icon at the top right hand corner of the page
- Click on 'Internet Options'
- Click on the 'Security' tab
- Ensure the Internet icon is highlighted and then click 'Custom Level'
- Scroll down to 'Scripting' (almost at the end of the list)
- Ensure 'Active scripting' and 'Scripting of Java applets' is enabled
- A warning may appear stating 'Are you sure you want to change the security settings for this zone' press 'Yes'
- Click 'OK' to close the open boxes
- Close down all open Internet Explorer browser windows and open a new browser window for the changes to take effect
- In the address bar, type about:config and press Enter.
- Click "I'll be careful, I promise" if a warning message appears.
- Click on the "Reload current page" button of the web browser to refresh the page
- Click the Chrome Menu at the end of the url bar (located to the right of the yellow star)
- Click the 'Settings' option
- Click on 'Show Advanced settings'
- Scroll down to 'Privacy'
- Select 'Content Settings'
- Close down all open Google Chrome browser windows and then open a new browser window for the changes to take effect