A current account that helps make managing your money easy and convenient.
Our Classic Account provides you with easy access to your money and helps you manage your bills on the go.
It’s ideal if you’re over 18, and need the full services offered by a current account.
Please note you must be a UK resident to open an account with us.
Features and benefits
Switch your current account to us 'stress-free' in seven working days
Switch your current account from one bank or building society to another in a simple, reliable and stress-free way. It will only take seven working days. As your new current-account provider we offer the following guarantee:
- The service is free to use and you can choose and agree your switch date with us.
- We will take care of moving all your payments going out (for example, your direct debits and standing orders) and those coming in (for example, your salary).
- If you have money in your old account, we will transfer it to your new account on your switch date.
- We will arrange for payments accidentally made to your old account to be automatically redirected to your new account. We will also contact the sender and give them your new account details.
- If there are any issues in making the switch, we will contact you before your switch date.
- If anything goes wrong with the switch, as soon as we are told, we will refund any interest (paid or lost) and charges made on either your old or new current accounts as a result of this failure.
Help and guidance
Find out what documentation we will need to verify both your identity and your current permanent address in order to open an account.
For service related queries, please visit our Help Centre.
Glossary of Terms
This document explains the fees outlined in the Fee Information Document.
Talk to Us
To open a new Classic Account, simply call in to your local AIB branch or call us on 0345 6005 925† if you would prefer to make an appointment. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have and help you find the right kind of current account for you.
† Lines open: Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:00 (except on bank holidays). Calls may be recorded. Call charges may vary - refer to your service provider.