Using your voice to confirm online purchases
If you don't have a mobile phone, you can set up your voice as a password to confirm your purchases instead.
When shopping online and you are asked to confirm it’s really you using your card, you will receive an automated call from us. On this call you will be asked to confirm the purchase using your voice and your Personal Access Code (PAC) from your Phoneline or Online Banking.
To use your voice as your password to confirm your purchases, you will need;
- A landline
(or mobile phone if you have been unable to use mobile or password to confirm your online purchases)
- Have Voice ID set up, and
- Have Phoneline or Online Banking.
If you need to set up Voice ID, call 0345 646 0304 Mon-Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm excluding Bank Holidays. To set up either Phoneline or Online Banking, click on the links above to find out how.
How do I confirm my purchase using my voice for online purchases
When you are shopping online and you are asked to confirm it’s really you, you will see a message on screen advising you will receive a call from us.
This will be an automated call. You should expect to receive this call within a minute of your purchase.
- Answer the call, listen to the instructions and details of the purchase.
- To confirm your purchase you will be asked to key in your Personal Access Code (PAC) from your Phoneline or Online Banking and use your voice as your password.
- Then return to the online site, and you may need to press ‘complete' before your purchase is confirmed.
Security Alert! On this automated call, you will not be asked for your Phoneline or Online Banking registration number, One Time passcodes, Card reader codes or speak to a staff member.
If you believe you have received a fraudulent phone call, please send a copy of the details to here.
For further information to protect yourself against fraud, visit the Fraud and Security Centre or refer to TakeFive.